in 12 days I’m going to visit Ireland. seriously day dreaming about hoops n bacon n curry chips. i also dream about running along the foyle river like i used to when i lived in n.i. like if I’m having a bad jog i always picture myself there. but yeah mostly i think about hoops… good thing its only for ten days lol.
Setting patterns of the stars.
lost a total of 11 pounds this month. which is 11 lb more than i did last month. I’m really proud of myself. i also like slimming world a lot.
How to cut and serve a pineapple!
i started slimming world April 1 and i don’t know how it works but it does. so far (as of Monday) I’ve lost 5 lbs.
that is all….
Awake for 4 hours, and I’m already sick of hearing about Thatcher. Slate, Feministing and Jezebel have put up posts “celebrating” her. This was a woman who called feminism a poison, who did nothing to help support working mothers, whose policies crushed the working class, who supported apartheid, who despised homosexuality.
If one more person says we should show her some respect I am going to lose it. I don’t respect Sarah Palin just because she’s a woman, and if Thatcher were a politician today, the people saying we should respect her would be raging against her.
Someone doesn’t earn respect by dying. It’s not like she respected the dead. She was more than happy to cover up police responsibility in the 96 deaths at Hillsborough.
We can recognize that she accomplished a great feat by being a woman elected Prime Minister, without pretending that she was a great woman.
A poster inspired by the accents and dialects that make up the United Kingdom
Berries are one of the healthiest foods you could have. Even among fruits they have less sugar and less carbohydrates than most but are still jam packed with nutrients. They can be a little expensive so try to scout out sales or find a local farm, especially in warmer months you can even head out and pick your own!
As with all fruits, they can be high in sugar and carbs so eat them in moderation. That said, berries are some of the healthiest fruit choices out there and have less carbs & sugar than other fruits.
Here’s just a few of the health benefits of berries! :)
- 1 cup is only 49 calories and only has 12 carbs and 7g of sugar
- Packed with antioxidants, strawberries are incredibly good for your heart’s health
- Strawberries help reduce inflammation and can even help lower the risk of certain kinds of cancer, especially with breast, cervical, colon & esophageal cancers!
- per cup: 83 calories, 21 carbs, 14g sugar
- Has the highest antioxidant levels of all fruits and is filled with immunity boosting nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin B, vitamin E, copper, selenium, zinc & iron
- Blueberries can also lift your mood as a natural anti-depressant, preserve vision, and prevent heart disease!
- per cup: 64 calories, 15 carbs, 5g sugar!
- With only 5g of sugar and 15 carbs per cup, Raspberries are excellent for maintaining blood sugar (which prevents fat-storage-triggering insulin spikes) when compared to other fruits. This also gives you more energy through the day and helps you feel more full!
- One serving of raspberries provides two thirds of your daily serving of manganese and half your daily serving of vitamin C both of which are fantastic for maintaining your immune system
You must tell these to yourself today.
oh my god.
I used to run a successful fitblr blog but I needed a new, fresh start, so here I am! I am a college freshman and I will follow every college fitblr who reblogs this :) let’s make 2013 our bitch!